Flying High from My first AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood7588

Reaction score
Today was a big day for me. After putting together my cooler and keggle system over the last few months I finally got to put it to use. :rockin:
Brewed up a Wit for my first AG try and things went pretty well overall. I ran into one problem at the end. I used a IC chiller and the hops and cold break were to much for my dip tube filter. It clogged up real quick on me. I finally had to use a racking cane to get the wort into the fermenter. I am going to have to revisit the filter thing for next time. The best part of the day was nailing the OG right on the head with a 73% eff.
Thanks to everyone here on HBT for your wisdom and advice. You guys seem to answer all the questions I dont even realize I have yet.

Today was a big day for me. After putting together my cooler and keggle system over the last few months I finally got to put it to use. :rockin:
Brewed up a Wit for my first AG try and things went pretty well overall. I ran into one problem at the end. I used a IC chiller and the hops and cold break were to much for my dip tube filter. It clogged up real quick on me. I finally had to use a racking cane to get the wort into the fermenter. I am going to have to revisit the filter thing for next time. The best part of the day was nailing the OG right on the head with a 73% eff.
Thanks to everyone here on HBT for your wisdom and advice. You guys seem to answer all the questions I dont even realize I have yet.

If you continue to have problems with the hops, you could boil them in a hop bag. It works really well for me, and keeps hop particulates out of my wort.:mug: That being said, welcome to the show!!! AG is the WAY my friend.

Back