East Dallas Texas Water Quality Report -- 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiskeySam

Reaction score
You can't get this stuff on the internet. I got mine through open records request. It's dumb to have to do that. So I'm sharing with you.

(and then I attempted to do so)....

Oh hey -- I would post this if our .pdf upload limit wasn't a ridiculously low 19 KB. Can I get a pass on this so I can upload a 274 KB PDF file listing 12 months of water quality reports for East Dallas?

If this takes moderator input, please let me know which one of you needs to receive this file to upload it.

An average from October to December gives the following data:

Calcium = 33 ppm
Magnesium = 2 ppm
Sodium = 33 ppm
Chloride = 35 ppm
Sulfate = 53 ppm
Hardness as CaCO3 = 90

Just for comparison, I ran the Oct. - Dec. averages for water from the North Texas Municipal Water District (supplies various northern suburbs of Dallas):

http://www.ntmwd.com/water_quality.html (Wylie WTP)

Ca = 43.9
Mg = 4.09
Na = 45.4
Cl = 40.4
SO4 = 83.1
Hardness as CaCO3 = 125
HCO3 = 81.3 *
Total Alkalinity as CaCO3 = 81.3 *

* I don't know why the numbers for HCO3 and Total Alkalinity as CaCO3 are the same, but that's what the reports say. Seems to me they should be in a 61 to 50 ratio, and that is the way it used to be reported. In Sept. of 2009 they started using the same number for both. I did a brew a couple of weeks ago, and using the Bru'n Water spreadsheet on the Nov. report, I had to change the HCO3 number to 61/50 of the reported number to make the ions balance.

Back