Help me choose the beers for my wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Beer for the wedding? (Pick 4)

• Bells Best Brown

• Founder Red's Rye

• New Holland Sundog Amber

• Cider

• Sixpoint Sweet Action

• Sierra Nevada Pale ale

• Founder's Porter

• Stoudts Pale Ale

• Troegs Pale Ale

• Goose Islane 312 Wheat

Results are only viewable after voting.

two_hearted

Reaction score
So I will have 4 beers on tap at my wedding in a few weeks. I am trying to strike a balance between my favorite beers, beers that will be ok for BMC drinkers to try, and moderate gravity beers (I don't need people swining from the rafters).

Options:
Bell's Two Hearted (a given)
Bell's Best Brown
Founders Red's Rye
Founders Pale Ale
Founders Porter
New Holland Poet Stout
New Holland Sundog amber
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sixpoint Sweet Action
Southern tier Harvest
Stoudts Pale Ale
Troegs Pale Ale
Goose Island 312
Cider

Or make a suggestion (keep in mind Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, or heavily distributed others)

I love Two Hearted, Reds Rye, Best Brown, etc... but I don't think average people would be all about the hops and "dark beer" and I don't want everything to be from the same brewery. We will also have lots of wine. No cocktails, no BMC.

So, if the poll works, vote on your favorite or pick 4 that you think would be the best.

I only now realized I was supposed to choose 4, but I only picked 1...oh well :) They mostly sound like winners to me (not familiar with them all), although the Porter may not go over so well with the "I don't like dark beers" crowd....but I say forget them lol

I decided on SN Pale ale as an attempt to save you some money. Weddings (and marriages) can be expensive. ;)

Congratulations to you and your family!

I think the SNPA would be good for the BMC crowd, Bells Two Hearted (always wanted to try it, hear its good) for the hop heads, Amber may not go over well, but I feel like a porter might, though I dont know the crowd. A cider might be good for the non beer drinkers. If thats not diverse enough then theres always wine!

I think the Sierra Nevada for the casual beer drinker, the Porter because from what I can tel people like Porters even if they are not big beer fans, and the Cider to give people a different choice all together.

Yeah, SNPA for the ale, Porter for the "dark beer guys", 312 appeals to a wide variety and a cider for non beer drinkers. That would be a nice selection for all, IMO

Thanks guys. I went with Bells Two Hearted, Founders Porter, Goose 312 and SNPA. The big day is this Saturday! I'll take some pictures of my awesome 4 tap draft box that I built for it and post later.

I would have the following

One IPA
One Porter or Stout
One Amber
One light such as a Hefe or a Blonde

All bases covered and all are appreciated styles by just about any drinker.

Back