Kegorator build finished!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opiate82

Reaction score
Just got done putting the final touches on my kegarator and testing it out. Everything is working perfectly. Don't know if I have the patience to wait ~3 weeks for my first beers to be ready to keg.

Couple of things I'd do different. First is I mounted the temp probe on the side opposite of the compressor hump. If I were to do it over again I'd mount it on the same side as the hump as it would be easier to get the probe in a spot where it isn't touching anything.

The other thing is that I didn't leave enough slack in the air line going from the regulator to the distributor in order to set the regulator on the bottom of the kegarator when it's disconnected. Minor inconvinence that I could easily fix but I'm out of hose and to lazy to go get more. :D

kegarator1.jpg

kegarator2.jpg

kegarator3.jpg

Looks good! Rather than increase the hose length to set the regulator on the bottom (where there will likely be some pooled water from the sweating), why not attach some sort of hook next to your manifold to hang the regulator on. That way you have easy access to it rather than reaching to the bottom of the kegerator.

Looks good! Rather than increase the hose length to set the regulator on the bottom (where there will likely be some pooled water from the sweating), why not attach some sort of hook next to your manifold to hang the regulator on. That way you have easy access to it rather than reaching to the bottom of the kegerator.

Great idea. I will make it so! Thanks :mug:

Back