IpA after 8days in the bottle...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
Holy cow it's good! Only 8 days since bottled. Very citrusy. Wife said its like blue moon without needing an orange. Woo hop!

And the Irish Car Bomb Stout I have had sitting in the basement for 4 weeks is starting to taste great! Even some "Mega Brewery" drinkers said it was pretty damn good. Of course they couldn't handle the Alchy content... but oh well.

I just tried my Irish Red after 2 weeks and I was surprised by how good it was. Only issue is a little more sweetness than I was expecting. As it sits in bottles is that something that will disappear?

I just tried my Irish Red after 2 weeks and I was surprised by how good it was. Only issue is a little more sweetness than I was expecting. As it sits in bottles is that something that will disappear?

Want to trade? I would have liked a little sweetness in my red but it finished at 1.002, rather dry for my taste but the flavor is good and the head is superb. I only have a few bottles left so I might try the recipe again with the mash at the proper temperature instead of 4 degrees low.

I still have about 45 bottles left. I'm sure w/ time it'll change... just need to hear someone say it to make me feel at peace. It's been just over 2 weeks now

I would hate it if one of my IPAs tasted like Blue Moon, a macro Witbier... a completely different style of beer. It also uses high fructose corn syrup as part of the fermentables and is made on such a mass scale that it has no love put into it. My bottled beers are still quite flat after 8 days in the bottle. You must be using a ton of priming sugar and storing the bottles in a hot room.

Congrat's on the good news! I had a similar event this weekend on a cream ale in the bottle for 8 days. Could not believe that things can be this good.

I only have done a only few batches previously and they are beginning to carb and become tasteful after 3 weeks - but whew! - were they flat green apples for the first two weeks.

I only used about 5 oz of Sugar. Room stays a constant 70-72 in the basement.

It's amazing how the different hops really do impact the flavor and aroma of the beer.

I will say it is still a bit strong in terms of abv and you can def tell.

I would hate it if one of my IPAs tasted like Blue Moon, a macro Witbier... a completely different style of beer. It also uses high fructose corn syrup as part of the fermentables and is made on such a mass scale that it has no love put into it. My bottled beers are still quite flat after 8 days in the bottle. You must be using a ton of priming sugar and storing the bottles in a hot room.

Everything you say is right and he must be doing it wrong because its carbed so quickly.... Drink a beer dude, people don't need your negativity when pleased with their first brew. Thanks

Never said it was fully carbed. It was carbed enough to enjoy a glass. Minimal head but I don't expect it to have the half inch that my car bomb stout has.

Everything you say is right and he must be doing it wrong because its carbed so quickly.... Drink a beer dude, people don't need your negativity when pleased with their first brew. Thanks

I guess I do come off as negative. Sorry for that. Just a very direct person without a filter sometimes. Kind of like Simon Cowell's criticisms. Hope at least some of it helps anyways. Cheers :mug:

I also usually crack a bottle at the 8 day mark. Always has been carbonated. I did the same most recently with a Citra/Galaxy pale ale. It's the best beer I've brewed to date.

Back