Sightglass / Thermometer 11 gal Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daver77

Reaction score
I got a Sight glass / thermometer from brewhardware for christmas from my wife. Just installed it today.

Here it is installed and ready to go

IMG_2897.jpg

Very easy to install with the right tools. Bobby's sight has detailed instructions and videos. Quality product!

I need some sort of dip tube next and some sort of Hop blocker maybe a hop spider, Any suggestions?

I have a one inch welded port that I had to use a bushing 1in to 1/2 in to then put on my 1/2 in valve. The back of it looks like this

IMG_2889.jpg

I need to install some sort of dip tube but then not sure what to do with as a hop strainer.

Any ideas?

I like the hop spider idea and might go with a stainless design since I use an immersion style wort chiller so that there is nothing in the bottom of the pot.

Well done on the install. Do you mind if I put that pic into the customer pic gallery on my website?

No I don't mind at all. Going to order a dip tube from your site I see you have the 1/2 inch that might work for me

Bobby the next thing for your site would be some sort of hop blocker maybe incorporated with your dip tube or a false bottom whatdaya think?

Back