Dallas / Fort Worth Grain Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tealio

Reaction score
This will be our thread space for Group Buy #4.

Please immediately post with your "for sure" sack counts, no specifics needed, just total sacks wanted.

Hubbs will be our organizer and spreadsheet holder for this buy, and mdgreens has approved a freight location with his work. The grain will be moved from his work to a pickup location in Addison.

I propose a $5 per sack freight fee for each sack (that is $2.97 for the exact freight fee per sack and the rest as a small benefit for the two guys that are putting forth organization/freight location). I hope this is alright for everyone and going forward this will help with the organizers as it can take hours of work + gas sometimes.

We can load up a craigslist ad again also, to help drive non-HBT members to our group buy and to the HBT world.

Cheers guys!

I'd like to be on the list for 2 sacks of my own :)

Don't want to run out of grain!

I'm in for five sacks. Three Best Malz Pilsen (BZ‐PILS) and two Great Western Northwest Pale Ale (GW‐PALE)

I have created a Google spreadsheet keeping track of those interested, and the number of sacks. We are already up to 17!

If you posted above that you want to buy, please PM your real name, email address and phone number and I will share the spreadsheet with you. Also, please indicate if you are interested in any specialty splits.

This is the bulk grain but for the area. I u want in then state how many sacks you want (no specifics yet) then send pm to the organizer with your contact info (name, email, phone)

We're already up to 25 Sacks, only 17 more for a full pallet, keep them coming.

I need contact details from @mhandke, @dallasbrewer and @spitfire6.

@BetterSense, i just sent you a pm - send me your email address and I will send you the price list. Our supplier is able to get grain from 8 or so different maltsters including Briess, Thomas Fawcett and Great Western.

I think I'm too far away to participate unless someone from Houston/Austin/San Antonio is participating as well? If someone is, can you guys let me know and I can make arrangements with them? Thanks!

I think I'm too far away to participate unless someone from Houston/Austin/San Antonio is participating as well? If someone is, can you guys let me know and I can make arrangements with them? Thanks!

If I hear from anyone 'down south' I will let you know.

Currently only 8 sacks required to fill a pallet. Depending on the interest in splits, I might reserve a couple for specialties.

I still need contact details from 4 of you.

So we have now filled the first pallet, and are currently 34 away from a second so keep the orders coming.

@mdgreens has very generously offered his work as a freight location for drop off, I believe it is located in Addison. He currently has approval from his employer for 1 pallet, and he is checking to see if they will allow a 2nd.

If they will only allow the one pallet, then we have a couple of options. Either we try to find another location with the ability to handle more than 1 pallet - any volunteers? Otherwise, we quickly roll the extras into DFW Grain Buy #5, which I am happy to help organize, however, we will still need another freight location.

Once I hear back from @mdgreens, I will update the thread with more info, in the meantime keep on posting your orders, there will always be more group buys.

In other news, @dallasbrewer has volunteered to help move grain over to the west side of the Metromess.

I live in Addison, so if the grain does get delivered to @mdgreens's workplace then I would be willing to have it stored in my garage for people to collect from there to prevent the "grain zombies" from showing up at his work. We will DEFINITELY need help getting the grain from A to B.

I need info from @ShannonC, @philcollins, @Spitfire6.

I am also missing phone numbers from @hockeypunk and @Sewaneemall.

Ok, we have confirmation of the freight location for a maximum of two pallets. Thanks to @mdgreens!

We now need 30 sacks to hit two pallets, I have reserved 5 sacks for specialty splits - probably going to end up with a bag each of Munich, Pilsen, Crystal (40L-80L), Chocolate and CaraPils (Dextrine). If you want any splits please let me know what you want and (roughly) how much as soon as possible. Please be mindful that exact quantities may not be possible, so there is a need to be flexible.

Now that this is going ahead for certain, please start sending me your orders using the codes found in the pricelist, eg BD-MUNH etc.

Thanks

I'm in for 3 full sacks and lots of splits up to about a sack. I'm open as to what the splits will consist of.
Will PM my details.

We're getting there...

Only another 14 sacks to go to fill a second pallet.

I have shared the spreadsheet and also the pricelist with everyone who has sent me contact info. I have started to receive orders from some of you - thanks! I am tracking them on the second page of the spreadsheet.

If you have not sent me contact details, please do. If you have not sent me your orders, please use the code found in the pricelist.

If you are interested in splits please let me know what types and roughly how much. Right now we are looking at 6 sacks worth or splits.

Thanks guys

Chris

Back