Fermenting Corn Mash, Dry Method

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HITEST

Reaction score
Staff,

Can Someone Share Their Expertise On Fermenting Corn Or Potatoe Mash To Arrive At (190%-200%) Pure Alcohol, Using The Dry Method Of Fermentation? Is This At All Possible? If So Would It Be Also Possible That He/she Could Share The Process From Beginnig To End With The Ingredients, Time, Size Batch/finished Product?
If It Is Not Possible To Create (190%-200%) Pure Alcohol Through The Dry Method Of Fermentation Then Can I Receive Help In Using The Desired Method?
Thank You.
Hitest.

What is "dry Fermentation"? You will need water for mashing and fermentation.

And with fermentation alone you cannot even come close to the alcohol levels you desire.

Kai

I've made wine using potatoes, but what you'll need to get that alcohol content is distillation, which I believe requires a federal license......

HITEST said:
Staff,

Can Someone Share Their Expertise On Fermenting Corn Or Potatoe Mash To Arrive At (190%-200%) Pure Alcohol, Using The Dry Method Of Fermentation? Is This At All Possible? If So Would It Be Also Possible That He/she Could Share The Process From Beginnig To End With The Ingredients, Time, Size Batch/finished Product?
If It Is Not Possible To Create (190%-200%) Pure Alcohol Through The Dry Method Of Fermentation Then Can I Receive Help In Using The Desired Method?
Thank You.
Hitest.

Did You Really Spend All The Time To Capitalize Every Word?

Thanks,

-The Staff

A. You need a federal license for distilling, period.
B. 95% can be reached with three stage distillation. Anhydrous alcohol requires a fourth vacuum stage.
C. It's rare for anyone over 12 to capitalize all of their words, except on AOL.

Assuming he is american or british. There are several countries where home-distilling is quite legal.

i told you before - if you forget and leave caps lock on, for some reason this forum
only leaves the cap on the first letter of each word:D

since being rebuked(nicely of course) for this error i am very careful now

Hi everyone, I am looking for a recipe for beer made from corn (maize) I have developed a grain allergy and (shock horror) can no longer drink beer!!!! After 4 years of 'missing out' on my favourite brews, I am hoping that someone can help. I have brewed before and made wine, so am not a total novice, but cannot find any recipes to suit my requirements.

Back