Imperial Stout recipe recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graeme

Reaction score
My buddy and I want to brew an Imperial stout pretty soon to have ready in time for Christmas so I want to give it about two months in the bottle. We've formulated a couple of recipes so far which turned out great, but this will be the first 'big beer' we've brewed, so I guess I am being a little lazy/cautious by asking if anyone could recommend a good recipe? Preferably a partial mash. We want to do something really wholesome and chewy verging on the porter side of things. If anyone has any tried and tested recipes they are willing to share that would be great!

Cheers!
Graeme

check this and this.

I tasted my RIS 2 days ago at the 8-month-old mark and MAN is it great! I personally prefer a balanced RIS over a hoppy one. The bakers chocolate and the roastyness meld together and the cherry is percieved as dark fruit on the after taste. What's even better is the taste and aroma once it warms up a bit.

Better Beer has a RIS, 7 to 8% ABV. Just add 2 lbs of DME, and an extra Nottingham yeast pack to pitch, and should be around 10% ABV. That is what I did last Saturday. It is in a 6 gallon Carboy now, bubbling like crazy. Make sure you use a blow off tube and not an air lock. Could get messy!!!!

Day 8 in primary. Took a sample this afternoon gravity is at 1.033. I will check it in 3 more days. It smelled really good!!!!! Think this one might be a keeper!!!:tank:

Back