Too much sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCasey

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know If I added to much sugar or not. I've never followed a recipe because I'm just winging it and seeing with what I come up with. I'm making what I think is gonna turn out to be some wine (Welches concentrate). I just got bottling 1/4 of my current batch. (the carboy couldn't handle it all so I put it into a second carboy) And upon bottling I had a glass and got some interesting flavors. The only way I can describe it is at first it starts off fruity then fights and claws its way down your throat then ends with fruity. So the reaction of people would be "mmmm.....oooohhh!!! ARRRGGHH!!!....mmmmm" any take on this?

I am not sure, but we have a dedicated Wine forum where you might get a better idea. I am not sure what percentage sugar is acceptable in Wine. In beer of significant gravity the highest you want to go is around %20, but %5 to %10 is more common.

Welcome to the forums. :fro:

Its now has been four weeks. Still no sign of slowing down. Do I have ninja yeast?

Four weeks is nothing in a wine timeline. See how it is in four months. If you just wing it, you'll never really know what to expect. If you bottled, and it's not finished, though- you can definitely expect some bottle bombs.

Back