Kegging and Force Carbonation video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
Here is part 3 of my homebrew series I am doing for my Youtube channel. In this episode I focused on kegging and carbonating the beer. Let me know what you guys thing! Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
do you not put CO2 into the keg first so there is a blanket of CO2 protecting your precious while filling?

-=Jason=-

jvcjbl said:
Nice video.. you are SOOOOOO nervous!! "Teople Say".... 1:43

He did a great job on the video...very good at all the details, took his time and made it easy to understand and this is all you do is pick out a small mistake....turn off your gas tank and GO TO BED....your grounded!!!!!

Mikey_Dawg said:
Nice video.... if only I had seen it before I made a mockery of the force carboing/kegging process earlier this week....

Lol... I was actually watching his video as I was over carbing the **** out of my first keg LOL....next time I do something new I will check YouTube first!!!!

Nice video.. I've gotten to where I fill the keg from the fermenter and then just toss it in the kegerator and go ahead and put 25 to 30 on it for 48 hours.. I know it would absorb the C02 faster if I cooled it down first but never saw any ill effects by going ahead and laying the C02 to it before it chills all the way..

Good job on your stuffs!

As someone who is just getting into kegging this obviously helps me. Now I just need to figure out how to do it the natural way first. What do you do? Just put your priming sugar mixture in the keg first and then rack your beer on top of it and let it sit for 3 weeks?

Or should I use the set-it and forget-it method? From what I understand you basically find the PSI that you are going to use for the style of beer you'll be serving, set the PSI at that level and let it sit 2 to 3 weeks at that PSI correct? With this method you obviously don't add the priming sugar either?

Great video(s) man! I just force carbed my first batch last Sunday and gave it a taste today. I'm quite happy with the results even though I carbed first and chilled second...

---Chris

Back