Land Shark vs Miller Lite - Allergy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnFeDad

Reaction score
I have terrible sinus attacks with many beers ( Miller Lite ) but I have found that I can consume Land Shark without any problems. Is there anyone that might know the difference between these two beers? Different yeast, hops? Is Land Shark Gluten free?

I have terrible sinus attacks with many beers ( Miller Lite ) but I have found that I can consume Land Shark without any problems. Is there anyone that might know the difference between these two beers? Different yeast, hops? Is Land Shark Gluten free?

No, Land Shark is not gluten free. It's made by Anheuser-Busch, just as Budweiser and Bud Light are. It's a typical macro-brewed lager.

You may have connected the dots for me! I can drink Land Shark and Bud products with no allergic reactions. Sounds like AB is using a recipe different than Miller brewing ( Hops?, less sulfites ) I've got some interesting experimentation to delve into, maybe try some different home brews and try to pinpoint my sensitivity.

Probably a difference in ingredients, I doubt any of the breweries are using sulphites, anything over 10ppm requires a warning on the label (as with wines). The "sulphite headache" from wines is actually attributed to Histamines which are produced during the malolactic fermentation of red wines. White wines generally have a higher level of molecular SO2 than reds due to their increased susceptibility to oxidation.

I would look to ingredient differences for beers.

Back