whats happening here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokysalsa

Reaction score
I have made a cherry dandelion wine in April, took a hydro reading and the fermenting was done, bottled it and sat in down in the seller, opened a bottle this weekend and fizzed all over the place. the recipe was dandelions, sugar, raisins yeast and nutrient,and cherry's. it taste like its carbonated
I have done a hard apple pie back for X-mas, drank a few bottles back in beginning of January and they were fine, i have done a few batches of this and also opened a bottle Sunday and it did the same thing, fizzed all over the place, tasted like champagne,

Apparantly it wasn't done fermenting.

You could get the bottles really cold before opening and they may not fizz all over the place when you open them.

Yup, it was clearly not done fermenting when you bottle. Also it is possibly that there was co2 in solution when you bottled, but that wouldn't account for too much fizz in the bottle.

Also, sounds like it would be quite nice with a bit of bubbly, dandelion cherry sparkler.

Back