Where to get Beer Gas in Greenville?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

automobiliben

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to get a tank of Beer Gas in Greenville? I called Air Gas today and they never called me back. I am looking to exchange a spare CO2 tank for a Beer Gas tank, or preferably a place that would fill my CO2 tank with Beer Gas.

Thanks,
Ben

I just walked into the Air Gas and traded my tank without any issues.

In Charleston or Greenville?

I just heard back from Air Gas. $112 for a tank and fill, $33 for a refill. No exchanges, and it must be a tank you bought from them that they fill. They don't fill on site, it comes from Charlotte.

Seems they know they are the only show in town...

Ben

That's strange here, Airgas columbia, I just swapped out a random old rusty 20lb co2 tank I picked up on craigslist for a grand total of...$15.

That's strange here, Airgas columbia, I just swapped out a random old rusty 20lb co2 tank I picked up on craigslist for a grand total of...$15.

You swapped a.CO2 for Beer Gas?

Hmm, might have to check of any friends are heading to Columbia anytime soon!

Was it the store at 1639 Shop Rd?

Thanks!

yes, I made double sure it's food grade co2 since it was my first time doing it and my old tank looked like a welding tank lol I didn't want them to give me something else. Guy made it sound like all their co2 is food grade by default.

the address sounds right, it's the one on shop rd off I-77

yes, I made double sure it's food grade co2 since it was my first time doing it and my old tank looked like a welding tank lol I didn't want them to give me something else. Guy made it sound like all their co2 is food grade by default.

the address sounds right, it's the one on shop rd off I-77

Ohh, you are taking about CO2, beer gas is a blend of CO2 and N2 (Nitrogen) used mostly for stouts with a stout faucet.

Ben

Did you ever find a place to swap out an a 20# cylinder for a beergas tank? I live in Anderson and I'm going crazy trying to find the stuff.

Any suggestions on where to get a tank of Beer Gas in Greenville? I called Air Gas today and they never called me back. I am looking to exchange a spare CO2 tank for a Beer Gas tank, or preferably a place that would fill my CO2 tank with Beer Gas.

Thanks,
Ben

Back