Large Fermentation Batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
I will be fermenting a belgian strong soon and I was thinking about temp control in a large vessel. The desired temp I am shooting for is 70 but I think the primary fermenation is going to be very intense which could shoot the temps 10-15 in the center. It is a conical style vessal so the wet t-shirt isnt going to work. I am building a room with heating and cooling but I was thinking I should lower the temp in the room to 60 during the first 10 days. I plan on fermenting for 6 months. I also plan on pitching 2 gallons of starter. It will be a two stage boil 40 gal each time but I will pitch after the first batch has been entered.
Is this plan flawed?

ummm....If you're perfect, why are you asking our help?

On a side, more humbling note, Try over at probrewer.com. They may have answers for you're large scale questions. Not many do that around here. :mug:

But not on a nano level though. They are atleast 3bbl systems over there. Like everything else my life I am to small to play according to her.

Back