Do I have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireman-Mike

Reaction score
Brewed my first batch friday, an Irish red. I pitched the yeast around 615 Friday. Saturday I had strong fermentation leading the having to set up a blow off tube with lots of turbulence in the carboy. Its now 7am Sunday morning and I have no bubbles in the blowoff tube and very little turbulence if any. The carboy has been in a dark place with good temps with very little change. Also the krausen level has dropped.

Give it a 10-14 days then check your gravity with a hydrometer. If you get the same reading a few days later then you should be good to bottle or keg. If it changes check it again in a few days. You want to get the same reading a few days apart that will let you know fermentation is finished and its safe to bottle with proper amounts if priming sugar.

I do have a steady stream of small bubbles rising up from the bottom of the carboy.

sorry it won't be ready by Christmas, but you're good

the magical little beasties know what they're doing; waiting is the hardest part

welcome to the obsession. let us know how it turns out

You don't have a problem at all. What it sounds like you have is a fantastic start to a successful fermentation. The heavy hitting is done. Now comes the hard part... Let those yeast do what they do and clean up after themselves. Just as GSBB↑ says, wait another 10 days or so before you even touch it again. You'll be glad you did.

Back