Now that was a blast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stile

Reaction score
Well, the training wheels came off today and i tried a PM on my AG setup. Mashed 5# of grains in about 1.5 gals of water at 155 for 60 mins. Fly sparged with 2 gals at 175. Ran the runnings through 3 times and it came out clear as day.

Added water to make up the 6.5 gals needed and boiled. Other then the extra 90 mins added to the whole process (from extract) I was a complete blast today. I'm ready for AG next brew.................. can't wait :D

Stile - Cool avitar, I'm glad your light run went well, did your runnings match your expected gravity so you will not be posting about low OG on your first AG? In any case have a few pounds of DME/LME ready to adjust as you dial in your equipment. Please keep in mind it is consistency that matters to make great beer, efficiency is second.
So whens the first AG day?

The B3 kit came with 7# of ultra light LME and i never even checked my OG. I do know it was malty and sweet when i spraged to my boil kettle. I was just jazzed about the whole process and how easy it really was.

But i promise to pull a chicken little on my next batch ;)

Oh, and hop bags are fricken great

Back