McMaster.com KUDOS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I just wanted to spread good cheer about Mcmaster Carr for excellent customer service. I ordered a couple stainless latches back in August and I just got to realizing the screw holes were not punched in a few of them. I just emailed them and within one day a replacement order was on it's way (fedex 2-day) and I even received an apology on my voicemail.

I'm posting this because all to often the only time you hear about a company on "the boards" is when they screw you over.

I have used them a couple of times and being in the Atlanta area really has it's advantages, if I order earlly enough in the day it will be delivered that day!!

Yeah, they have a distribution warehouse about 10 miles away from me in NJ as well. Too bad the replacement order is shipping from Chicago. Oh well, a two day wait is reasonable.

I've always been really happy with them as well. I accidentally gave them the wrong credit card expiration date once, and the parts arrived before they called to ask why my card wouldn't work! Their prices are occasionally a bit steep, but you can't beat the selection and service.

I've used McMaster-Carr twice. Huge selection, fair prices, fast shipping, no minimum order.

I've used them plenty of times... excellent customer service... very fast shipping, and they have almost EVERYTHING.

Definatley my first choice when I need hardware, fittings, fasteners, metal... anything.

Just placed my first order with them... 40 feet of tubing, keg o-rings and stir bars. Good quality, fast cheap shipping... got the items in no time. I'l buy from them again. Only thing I didn't like was not telling me what the shipping was going to be upfront.

Also wanted a stir bar retriever, but at $22, that was too steep...

To avoid needing the $22 stir bar retriever, pin your stir bar to the bottom of your flask with a strong magnet outside the bottom of the flask after removing it from the stir plate.

I used them to buy all of the parts for my CO2 manifold. Everything came fast and not a single problem. I'm thinking of building another one for outside of the fridge in line between the tank and the fridge for things like purging tanks with CO2 and getting cornies carbed up before they go in the fridge. Check out my gallery for pictures of the manifold and my kegerator or check this thread: http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7283

I buy all of my hardware from them also. Many times I've ordered in the morning and got the stuff the same day.

Don't buy thier stir bars though!! I bought 4 of them and all 4 cracked after a few uses.

Back