Wiring question for Ranco Temp COntrol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
I got my Ranco single stage temp controller last week and hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to wire it up and get my Keezer started. I have read the instructions that came with the control and I've read and watched some wiring "how to's" and I think I have it down. However, I want to make sure I've got it right before I wire it up and plug something in. So here's my question.

This controller will be used to control a FermWrap on the carboy when fermenting. I believe I want to take my extension cord's black wire and connect it to the Normally Open connector in the Ranco. If I'm getting it right, when the temp drops below my set level, the NO contact will be come energized and my FirWrap will be getting the juice. Once the temp hits my high limit, it will open the relay and no more juice to the FirmWrap.

Have I got it right? Here's a simple video I found that seems like exactly what I want

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds correct to me - you always want to switch hot, and hot is usually the color of wire that looks most burnt.

Latest posts

Back