Hops/grains group buy in Indianapolis?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougdecinces

Reaction score
I'm planning my fall and winter brews and am looking to purchase my hops and grains in bulk for the first time. I can work through 55 lb bags of grains and 1 lb bags of hops on my own, but I know it would be a bit of a struggle. I was wondering if anyone in the Indianapolis area was interested in a group buy.

I use Great Fermentations as my LHBS and the owner confirmed if you buy the grains from them, they will crush the grains for you whenever you need them. I planned on using Hops Direct for hops orders.

I'm going to have to buy a 55 lb bag of Pilsner malt and a 55 lb bag of Munich malt and would love to get some Marris Otter, but know that I can't use 55 lb by myself. As for hops, I definitely need at least 6 oz of Hallertau, so I would love to purchase a lb of those and I'm also interested in any kind of English hop. I definitely don't want to 100% dictate the terms of this, so I'm open to other people's needs.

Back