• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Brew Pub for sale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBC is here in my town. I was never impressed with the place... seemed like they had line cleaning issues and had funky tastes. The location is in a PRIME spot across from the big Colosseum and near a bunch of businesses.
It could be a GREAT microbrewpub if the right person ran it.

Wow... I wonder what town this is actually located in (looks like Bloomington). I also wonder why they're selling.

This is seriously.. seriously interesting - but trying to get a small business loan now has to be pretty brutal. If this were about 5 years in my future I would definitely consider it.

They had some good times, but they have definitely lacked the quality, service, and atmosphere the last few years. It would need a budget for cleanup. But yeah, GREAT location. If only...

Look into the Sam Adams Brewing the American Dream program. 2 guys local to me got into it and were picked for the Experienceship where they get to work side by side with SA employees to better their business and brewing. The were guests of Jim Koch at GABF and Jim actually knew them by sight.

If I recall correctly, the SA loan is 25k to help get started. At least that's what it was when I looked into it. But if any of you guys want to float me 1.5 million, I have a hell of a plan and pro brewer.

thatjonguy said:
If I recall correctly, the SA loan is 25k to help get started. At least that's what it was when I looked into it. But if any of you guys want to float me 1.5 million, I have a hell of a plan and pro brewer.

Cash or Check? Or do u take credit? :-/

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

One of the reasons I posted is because its listed at $149k, not $1,490k. Also, I'm not positive it is IBC, I just tried to match the area codes of the phone number and the descriptions match.

There is no doubt its IBC... I can't think of any other brewery/bar that matches that description in the 309 area code. The attached homebrew shop was the kicker in the description

SpottedDogBrewing said:
Cash or Check? Or do u take credit? :-/

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

We haven't figured that out yet but I can post it when we get it worked out.

Back