Pre-Build Keezer Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgoldston

Reaction score
I am planning to build a Keezer once I return from the desert in Oct. I am wanting to build one to hold about 5-6 kegs and a few other things. I am trying to build this as much on a budget as I can. I have looked over several of the builds here and got some great ideas.

first thing that comes into mind is how much does the CO2 pressure setting affect different beers? Looking at regulator setups is it likely that I will need a 5 regulator setup?

As well I have been dreaming up a Liquor dispensing system using Argon. I dont want to reinvent the wheel but I have not seen anything out there setup to do this except for wine bottles like this http://www.mrfizz.com/winesaver.html

I was thinking of doing the same thing with argon around 1-3 psi pending on flow rate of liquor. I know not all liquor should be kept cold so I plan on building a cabinet next to the Keezer to hold the bottles and CO2 and Argon.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited as Im sure as I get closer I will have more questions

Patrick

I'd use a primary regulator coming out from the bottle then put secondary regulators in for each line. You can run the main Co2 line to a manifold and split it from there. That's how I have mine set up and it works well. It's good to have at least one or two secondary regulators so you can change the pressure for wheats and stouts and stuff.

Back