My new ferm fridge made with a STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Lines

Reaction score
I got the fridge for 10 bucks on craigslist. controller on Ebay for $20 then $30 in parts at Lowes and I'm good to go. I took pictures of the controller build. I took a scrap piece of plywood and mounted 2 boxes to it. I used 2 cause the fridge in in a closet type thing in the garage and i wanted it be able to see it. I've got the probe running inside and I will mount it to carboys.

IMAG0541.jpg

IMAG0542.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0547.jpg

Hey,
I'm thinking of doing something like this myself with an fridge/freezer I have after a kitchen remodel. I was wondering if you're still able to use the freezer as a freezer. I keep a lot of meat (and bottles of ice for wort cooling) in my freezer and don't want to sacrifice this for my fermentation chamber.

Thanks,
John

My fridge, being so old, you cant set the freezer and fridge to different temps. I place the probe on the carboy and set the temprature to what ever i need it at. The freezer portion is approx 20 degrees cooler than the fridge no matter what it is set to. Right now im lagering the the bottom is at 40 degrees so the freezer is frozen. When i have an ale in there at the bottom is 60 degrees the top is only 40 degrees so i use it to keep bottled beer cold to drink. From what i understands newer fridges dont do this but i dont know. good luck.

I've got that EXACT same fridge. My Grand dad bought it new back in '85 or so. He passed in '87 and my parents got it. They handed it down to me a few years ago. I got a side x side in the kitchen and moved this one out to the garage. It was my ferm chamber 'till I got the one in my sig line up and going. Now it will be changed over to my serving fridge. I have a 3-tap back splash drip tray I am going to use to serve with...
DT106H.jpg

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=142

Back