Random ingredients recipe time (with Chipotle)....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalliewader

Reaction score
So I have some partial bags of the following:

Chocolate malt
Black Patent
Crystal 40 & 60
Special B
one or two others I can't remember off the top of my head.

At least 1/2 pound of each.

1 oz. of Fuggles in the fridge.

I also have a ton of awesome smoked Jalapenos in the freezer from last year's Jalapeno crop.

Any ideas for an extract pepper beer? With a little chocolate and the crystal, I'm thinking some sort of Chipotle Amber or Brown ale? Throw me some ideas, I'll be near my LHBS tomorrow and want to pick up the other ingredients/yeast.

Some sort of chocolate porter or stout with a bit of pepper heat would be fantastic I think (reminiscent of chili powder in hot chocolate).

That was my first thought as well....but I already have a big beer aging for the Fall. So, I'm thinking something a bit lighter drinking, faster conditioning to be consumed in late Sept/Oct when it's still a little warm here in Western PA.

My thoughts right now:

2 oz. chocolate malt
around 6 oz. crystal malts
maybe a little carapils and special B?

6 lbs light LME or 3 Light and 3 Amber.
Fuggles and Tettnanger hops.
Some Irish Moss

Not sure what yeast to go with here...or how much Chipotles and when.

I'm thinking 3 or 4 whole Chipotles just before flame out might do it for a 5G batch. These buggers are pretty damn hot.

Latest posts

Back