Moto's stolen this morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
:mad:
So we are getting our kitchen remodeled this week and the cabinets came in yesterday. Had to take the trailer with the bikes on it out to the driveway. Put the cars in front of so no one could take the trailer with the bikes. Woke up to the yard next door trampled and all 3 kids bikes gone. XR50, CRF70, TTR125. The bastards hauled the bikes over the 3 foot retaining wall on the side into the neighbors front yard and took off. We live in a nice area and even on a corner lot and I am just livid. It's not the value of the bikes (Homeowners is going to cover it) but that someone is that much of an a**hole . I wish they had something to come back for..........

Dammit! You don't live in CT, do you? cnbudz had his car stolen overnight.... lot of a**holes around in the past twenty-four hours. Damn, I should go make sure my car's still in the parking lot...

That sucks. Sorry to hear about the bikes. Two buddies of mine had their track bikes stolen from the parking lot of their hotel right before a track day. Talk about a crappy track weekend...

Thieves suck.

There is a "claus" in homeowners stating "no automobiles covered". I don't get auto coverage on dirt bikes. Any one...no biggie. 3.... = biggie.

That sucks dude. I had 1200 dollars worth of trees, a turkey frier, and two bikes snatched out of my yard with in the past two years. After the trees I put in a survielance system and have not had a single problem. If I ever do It will make it that much harder for the bastards to get away with it..

Wow, that sucks hardcore.

I have never been in that position, but can only imagine how pissed you are.

wow - that blows. I can't believe homeowners insurance doesn't cover that. A friend of a friend of mine reported his snowmobiles stolen (they weren't) and had a check within a month. I'm still hoping he gets caught - *******

Kayos said:
There is a "claus" in homeowners stating "no automobiles covered". I don't get auto coverage on dirt bikes. Any one...no biggie. 3.... = biggie.

Yeah. I'd bump that up with a manager.
Is your auto and HO policy through the same company?

I totally feel you man, my place got broken into back in April and we had a bunch of stuff stolen, including some irreplaceable family heirlooms (which is what I was most upset about). It is such an awful feeling to have stuff get stolen.

that sucks dude, I had to have a seperate policy on my 4 wheeler because my HO wouldn't cover it, I was a bit irritated about it but it was only 10 bucks a month and would have covered any accidents and damage to property if i wrecked it.

Cheers

olllllo said:
Yeah. I'd bump that up with a manager.
Is your auto and HO policy through the same company?

Yea, they are. You think that'd give me an argument?

Kayos said:
Yea, they are. You think that'd give me an argument?

I would think so assuming in this statement:

There is a "claus" in homeowners stating "no automobiles covered". I don't get auto coverage on dirt bikes.

You mean you cannot get insurance on the bikes through your auto policy. I am not sure if that is what you meant, or if you meant you chose not to get coverage on the bikes on your auto policy.

If they cannot cover your bikes in the auto, they should be covered by the homeowners by default.

Thanks, Ryan. That was my thought when I asked.
Hard for them to claim they have any kind of comprehensive coverage if they do this to you.

Awesome, guys. I really appreciate your thoughts on this. I will check it out and report back.

What state do you live in. Insurance laws and regulations differ from state to state. You may want to consider contacting the insurance comisioner in your state but i dont know how much good it will do. Depending on the state I think you are probably SOL. Sorry to be there bearer of bad news :(

Yeah, that's what I figured. Unfortunately, I live in Ca., where the lawsuits are all too happily filed so the insurance company's are even tighter than usual. The adjuster just called back to confirm that the only reason they would pay is if I used the vehicles as "tractors or other equipment to make improvements around the house". Since I am honest and said I use them in the desert, I am sure I will get scr**ed. Thanks again for the tries, guys.

That doesn't seem to make any sense. Does every item in your household have to be related to the upkeep of your house. If someone jacked your TV, you'd have to say that it's used as an educational device for home improvement?

I imagine he would need an insurance rider for the bikes. Essentially you can add most things to you homeowners. This is how my wife's insurance ring is covered.

Back