18th annual boneyard brew-off results...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone received an email or anything about results? This is my first year entering this one so I'm not sure when to expect to hear from them.

I got an email from the saaz competition yesterday and it was the same day as the boneyard but the first competition I entered took a week to post...maybe it wont be too long of a wait!

Just read on thier forum that the score sheets were scanned last night and the results should be posted real soon.

Got a 33 and two words worth of feedback in each category. What a joke...I thought feedback was what we are suppose to get. Could have saved my 20 bucks it cost to get my beer entered and just had my fellow homebrewers critique my beer. Since thats all that judge at BJCP comps... A BUNCH OF NOVICES.

Another medal for Storm IPA!

How are you guys getting your scorecards, email or mail? Haven't gotten anything.

Another medal for Storm IPA!

How are you guys getting your scorecards, email or mail? Haven't gotten anything.

Email, may go to your junk folder! I need to try this "Storm IPA" as it beats mine in every contest...Congrats on this and the 1st in Palmetto too! Do you mind saying what your Storm scores were in the Palmetto..just curious how close I was to yours...My Hella Hops took 2nd.

What are you entering next?

Got a 33 and two words worth of feedback in each category. What a joke...I thought feedback was what we are suppose to get. Could have saved my 20 bucks it cost to get my beer entered and just had my fellow homebrewers critique my beer. Since thats all that judge at BJCP comps... A BUNCH OF NOVICES.

That's odd....I entered 3 categories and had plenty of feedback....well on 5 of the 6 score sheets anyway!

The scores I received are odd...

My bock placed 1st but received a total score of 29...

My Vienna placed 2nd and received a total score of 33...

Either I got the wrong sheet back for my Bock or something weird happened with in the categories that I entered. In the competitions I've entered, a typical first place ribbon has a score starting at least around 38.

The scores I received are odd...

My bock placed 1st but received a total score of 29...

My Vienna placed 2nd and received a total score of 33...

Either I got the wrong sheet back for my Bock or something weird happened with in the categories that I entered. In the competitions I've entered, a typical first place ribbon has a score starting at least around 38.

maybe there wasn't many entered in the bock category...i've never had a ribbon score under 38.........

Same here. My last two first places had scores of 42 and 40.5. It definitely takes all the wind out of a 1st place ribbon.

Email, may go to your junk folder! I need to try this "Storm IPA" as it beats mine in every contest...Congrats on this and the 1st in Palmetto too! Do you mind saying what your Storm scores were in the Palmetto..just curious how close I was to yours...My Hella Hops took 2nd.

What are you entering next?

42. I have a secret IPA technique and I'm fairly confident that I'll always place if I enter one. ;)

Next things I'll be entering: 3 braggots, 1 tripel, 1 dubbel, 1 IPA

got here today...pretty nice awards!

byard metal.jpg

Back