First Wine - French Merlot from Selections International

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I made a good deal yesterday and got a Selections International French Merlot kit, two carboys, bucket, whole bunch of random equipment and 50 bottles for $100. Since the kit itself is over $100, I was happy.

I have the wine in the primary fermentation now.

Does anyone have any opinions on this kit?

Well, I made a good deal yesterday and got a Selections International French Merlot kit, two carboys, bucket, whole bunch of random equipment and 50 bottles for $100. Since the kit itself is over $100, I was happy.

I have the wine in the primary fermentation now.

Does anyone have any opinions on this kit?

Where did you pick up the kit? That is a really good deal. Was just looking at the kit and its over $120 on most sites.

I went to the brew store, and the woman behind the desk informed me that she had just sold one to a lady who had decided to stop brewing and to sell all of her stuff. She gave me the number, I contacted her, and the price was right. This is my first wine. I have made three batches of beer and one cider.

I went to the brew store, and the woman behind the desk informed me that she had just sold one to a lady who had decided to stop brewing and to sell all of her stuff. She gave me the number, I contacted her, and the price was right. This is my first wine. I have made three batches of beer and one cider.

Oh what luck! Good steal. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt a website or some place selling it as a kit.

I just bottled this kit. I originally made it last July, and after several rackings bottled it the other day. Already it has a nice smooth taste. I think three to six more months in the bottle will age it nicely.

Back