Kegging Emergency in El Paso, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltin

Beholden to the Yeast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brought down a keg of homebrew to my hometown of El Paso for a party. Unfortunately I left the picnic tap at home in Lubbock. I ordered one from AHS, but due to the bad weather in the rest of the state it looks like I am not getting it until next Wednesday. The problem is the party is TODAY...

Last I heard Primo's is the only place in town that even stocks homebrew supplies. Does anybody know if they carry picnic taps and ball lock fittings? Would anybody be willing to lend or sell me a picnic tap with ball lock fitting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wish I could; I'm farther away then home for you. All that beer and no way to drink it.

Actually, I was able to MacGyver something together with the help of a local friend. Luckily I brought my CO2 splitter with me which had an extra unused line with a gas fitting on it and a friend had a Sanke picnic tap (the pump kind). So I took the faucet and line from the Sanke tap, mated it with the gas fitting and forced the gas fitting onto the liquid post (I had done it on accident before.) It worked, thus averting a beer catastrophe.

tuxnerd said:
sorry, i'm obviously 3 months late, but did you say that Primo's stocks homebrew supplies?

Last I checked they did. Their selection is limited though. I think. They carry ingredients and basic equipment like buckets.

I'll have to check it out, making the trip up to Las Cruces, or paying shipping on everything gets old.

Thanks

Back