Easy soda for keggers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
I wanted to make soda, but didn't want to 'commit' any of my kegging equipment because of flavor contamination.

Instead, I filled up a keg with water and carbonated it. I bought some italian soda syrups online and whenever I want a soda, I simply pour a glass of seltzer water and add syrup to taste. Instant, easy, and delicious soda.:rockin:

That's what I do, except my concentrates are Israeli. Not as sweet as most sodas. I've also purchased standard soda extracts and made concentrates. About the only way to get birch beer.

My LHBS sells this syrup and I get a packet of yeast, and presto, ginger beer ready to go into bottles, wait a week and it's delicious

What ive been doing recently is mixing up my own sparkling lemonade. just grab a can of concentrate and instead of using water, use a liter of seltzer and 1 can of water. after that, you have a nice, lightly carbed lemonade. I havnt tried yet, but it definately seems like you might be able to dilute it down by using 2L of seltzer and still have it be good.

Back