Crazy Ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
Have you guys ever experienced an explosive ferment with Wyeast 1056? I pitched a 1.5 quart active starter into my batch and this thing is a beast. It has pushed so much hop matter out of the fermentor. It is pushing out so much CO2 that the growler of sanitizer has been shaking! Here's a picture!

image-813491381.jpg

Funny I just make a beer n used dry yeast n came home today to the lid blown off the bucket and air lock clogged up. So I closed lid n few min later decided to take airlock off and the thing blew off in my hand. Never had that done before. Doing a simple wheat beer with dry wheat yeast. Crazy...

I see the yeast going crazy in there. Luckily, the hops have not clogged anything yet. I am hoping it will slow down by sometime tomorrow. Seeing this just makes me think that this is going to be a great beer. Ambient is 64 degrees.

I had a major blowoff with 1332 today. I had to change the lid and fermentation lock because of the mess. The sample tasted great. Is it possible for the hydrometer reading to go from 1.048 to 1.008 in 3.5 days?

I have Wyeast 1335 fermenting an English ale for me right now and the krausen has been active and massive for a week now. And it only started at 1.052. Might have to name this one Curly Pub Ale.

I use that stuff all the time. You should see my ceiling.

wyeast 1762 is a powerhouse. did not have a blow over but got me from my OG of 1.054-FG of 1.008 in 5 days.

Back