Cable TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Reaction score
Yes I am in the 20% of Americans that do not have cable tv. I saw an add yesterday that had an add for cable and DSL that was less than what I pay for DSL now. I got thinking what it may be worth it but I cannot actually find anyone that services this area. Online AT&t claims it doesn't service me but they do I swear I pay them every month.

Anyway what do people typically pay for a cable/dsl bundle?

Does anyone know how to do an area code look up? I have tried but I cannot see any providers.

Thanks

I guarantee that price you saw was for a temporary offer. My company, for instance, offers cable/internet/phone for $100 per month. That's only for new customers and only for a limited time. After that it goes up about $50 per month. Just read the terms...

Yeah I know it was a temp offer but I know I am paying way too much for DSL as well. $150 that sounds pretty steep. But I just want to know what is available locally and what to pay. Online at least every place says they are not available here.

I pay £18 for TV/Phone/Internet

I don't use the TV and very seldom the phone.

But at £18 it's worth it for the Broadband internet connection.

Fish said:
... Online AT&t claims it doesn't service me but they do I swear I pay them every month. ...

But maybe not for DSL. AT&T may not have a DSL central station close enough to you. I lived in an area where that was the situation up until about three years ago.

Our Cable Modem/Digital Cable/Land Line is around $90 a month. All through Grande which I think is local to CenTex.

aekdbbop said:
i pay 45 bucks for internet, and 13 for cable tv.. its only 8 channels, but its all i need.
Pretty much the same here. I pay $8 for basic local channels and a couple others, and $49.99 for 5meg broadband. I know there's cheaper plans around the country, but this is about the best deal for both TV and BB in this neck of the woods. I think the local Big Bell phone company offers a less expensive BB connection, but their $16 phone plan cost over $26, go figure, and you have to have basic phone. That's with no TV. I don't watch that much anymore, but I do enjoy Chuck and Heroes, as well as Antiques Roadshow.

orfy said:
I pay £18 for TV/Phone/Internet

I don't use the TV and very seldom the phone.

But at £18 it's worth it for the Broadband internet connection.

Does that include the taxes you pay to subsidize BBT?

I pay through the nose for cable tv and internet; something like $120/month for expanded digital and 2 movie packages. That does not include any phone since we no longer have a land line.

Rhoobarb said:
But maybe not for DSL. AT&T may not have a DSL central station close enough to you. I lived in an area where that was the situation up until about three years ago.

No I have DSL through them.

Anyway I looked at a local store and it seems the "non deal" price is $51/$70 for cable/dsl (10mbs which is what I have now). So no real bundle price. That is too much for me and it seems in line with what others here are paying. It is just not worth it I don't think to have cable.

Oh we are in Northern California just outside of Sacto.

Back