My potable kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Usually when I travel with a keg to parties and such I just sit the keg in my big blue cooler with wheels, pack in some ice, and just use a party tap. Well, I decided a little less 'ghetto' was in order, so I gathered materials that were laying around the house collecting dust and with the exception of one part the conversion was free. (I had to buy the bulkhead fitting for the CO2). The box is plywood laying in the garage and the stain is from the keggerator build. The box is held on with two bungee cords and removes easy. The lid to the cooler simply snaps on so no big deal to replace that if I ever need to. It only holds one keg but that's all I ever bring anyway and the wheels and handle make it easy to transport. I mounted the CO2 'gun' outside because I didn't want to have to lift the lid everytime it needed a charge. The tower came from my original keggerator when I swapped it out for a double tower. It's nothing fancy, but it'll work and didn't cost me hardly anything....

keg1.jpg

keg2.jpg

keg3.jpg

keg4.jpg

Sweet!

:rockin:

I'm thinking of adding a removable 8" collar to mine, so it will work with 3 or 5 gallon kegs, using the existing lid and tower.

PDR_0185_2_.jpg

Back