Another Newbie outside Detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been brewing for a short couple of months alongside "fishkid" and we are really enjoying our all-grain recipe attempts. I look forward to bouncing some ideas off the groups and getting some good advice on recipes and how to better use my equipment. I am setup with a Coleman rectangular cooler conversion as my mash tun, 6 gal ale pail primary, and I use a glass carboy, bottling bucket, or soda keg as a secondary if I need to. I have a nice little wetbar and kegerator setup in the basement and I will most definately need to get this rigged better so I understand forced carbonation.

My dad pickup up where my grandfather left off by fermenting a "dandelion" wine and giving out bottles over the holidays. So the process of fermentables has been present in my family for a good amount of time. I got the Papazian book this last x-mas and now I am hooked. It is good to have a partner in this to keep things moving when life speeds up and gets busy, thanks Curt. I look forward to my next recipe attempt, "English Brown Ale." See you at the Cap and Cork.

Cheers, and good drinking! :mug:

Since you are in Ferndale, do me a favor...

Stop by Nomi for some sushi, then WAB for a couple cold pints..... I miss Royal Oak and Ferndale (I moved out of state about 7 years ago)

Back