Need Star-San, but nothing else. Anyone know who has free shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
I know AHS has flat $6, and one other one has free shipping over a certain amount...but I need Star San. Normally, I'd just buy it along with other stuff and make it worth my while, but right now, I don't need anything else. Anyone know a place that has free shipping, even on small orders?

Don't need anything else? I thought we always needed something else. :D Seriously, though, I don't know if you're going to get that lucky.

EDIT: This place has free shipping for first timers. http://www.brewbyyou.com/ Doesn't look like they have Star-San, though.

Yeah, well, I could easily spend a grand on HB stuff I 'need' without batting an eye, but that wouldn't be very responsible, would it? Mwa ha ha...

I did some price comps, and found that nobody offers free shipping for such a low total---but that, including shipping, Midwest had the best price. $11-something for 32 oz of Star San, and only like $4-something for shipping. Not too bad considering that the original 8oz bottle of star san I got from AHS cost like $9.

I'm just tired of my hands smelling of bleach. Ugh. That, and having to rinse everything like crazy. I'm thrifty as I can be with this hobby, but cutting corners by using bleach really sux. Unfortunately, with the first bottle of star san I had, I was not aware you could reuse it...so after each use, I'd dump it all. It didn't say anything on the packaging about reusing it, and I wasn't taking chances with sanitation. Now I know...I think these 32 ounces will last me quite awhile.

I hadn't gotten into this hobby when I lived in C'ville, but now that I think about it, I am surprised there isn't a LHBS there. Esp with UVa there. Can you imagine having to go to Staunton for supplies? HAHAHAHA... (I grew up there, too.)

Back