What is your favorite label/bottle???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchmidtyBeer

Reaction score
I thought this would be a fun one, also informing to those of us who would like to create our own. Everyone can get a glimpse of what the brewing population enjoys. So please post a picture of your favorite brew labels!!

I personally enjoy The Lost Abbey line of bottles. I love the simplicity and old world style. :mug:

the-lost-abbey-inferno-and.gif

Wicked, I am a graphic Designer as well as a Brewer

Here is my label for my friends and I's Brewery... If it loads.

ANd it didn't... But the image on my web site... Be Kind, is to the Top left

JTM Design Firm - JTM Design Firm [email protected]

I create out of the sheer fun of it, just random designs, I can help any wanting to give a groovier label to their brew.

jtmunson at gmail.com

I for one really hate the Flying Dog labels. I've got a fine arts degree and have always hated designs like that. Aside from the fact that they're hard to read, there's just something about them that creates a tension for the viewer. Never cared for some of the early modern artist or people like Kandinsky that created art with that sort of tense feel.

As for favorites. I like the Dark Isle and Belhaven labels. Oddly enough I'm a fan of the Budweiser can design (I know now you know I'm nuts!!!!). It's actually quite similar to alot of older labels from back in the day!

Schlante,
Phillip

I for one really hate the Flying Dog labels. I've got a fine arts degree and have always hated designs like that. Aside from the fact that they're hard to read, there's just something about them that creates a tension for the viewer. Never cared for some of the early modern artist or people like Kandinsky that created art with that sort of tense feel.

As for favorites. I like the Dark Isle and Belhaven labels. Oddly enough I'm a fan of the Budweiser can design (I know now you know I'm nuts!!!!). It's actually quite similar to alot of older labels from back in the day!

Schlante,
Phillip

I agree with you on this. I think that the flying dog artwork is just too much for a beer label. I like the more simple and classic designs.

Idk if they are my favorite, but I really really like the chubby kid labels. He is a homebrewer on this forum and his work is really simplistic but looks wonderful on bottles. I especially like his monster one. Does he draw these himself?

I really dig these hoogstraten poorter bottles. I got a few of them. Gonna be apfelwein gift bottles this christmas.

poorter.jpg

Oh, did I mention I paid $8 for them at the grocery store. they were full then, too!

B

Regarding Troeg's, this is the only example where I like the old label:

rugged%20webpic.jpg

Better than the new:

Rugged%20Trail%20with%20glass%20web%20200.jpg

I love how all of Troeg's new labels are done with vector graphics... That's how I do most of my labels as well. My favorite though, is their Dead Reckoning:

Dead%20Reckoning%20Web%20Page%20Label.jpg

To the OP: Love the copy on the back of the Judgement Day bottle... Very inspiring!

I really dig these hoogstraten poorter bottles. I got a few of them. Gonna be apfelwein gift bottles this christmas.

poorter.jpg

Oh man, thoes type of bottles are produced by MKM keremacs, out of germany I think (MKM is branded on the bottles near the bottom). I've found their website, and I'd love to get a case of the bottles, but I can't find a distributer in the US.

Besides that, I love heiny bottles for cider, or the SNPA stubbs.

I agree that Unibroue has some cool labels. I also enjoy Stone. I think this was my favorite recent beer label though.

large_dissident.JPEG

My favorite though, is their Dead Reckoning:

Dead%20Reckoning%20Web%20Page%20Label.jpg

To the OP: Love the copy on the back of the Judgement Day bottle... Very inspiring!

Wow that really looks GREAT! Awesome concept and execution on the Dead Reckoning.

I'm supprised no one mentioned wychwood brew labels... Hobgoblin etc. Those are very nicely packaged.

Schlante,
Phillip

Back