Need a label template - Calling photoshoppers... PS - I will pay...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not actually offering to help, due to being not good enough and too lazy, but I think it might help if you tell us what you are going to print these onto and what you are going to print them with. That will give people an idea of the size of the label, the colors available etc.

I print mine onto Avery style labels in a laser printer. This means that I can only use black and white or greyscale. But it keeps the cost down, compared to using a colour inkjet.

Also, even with black and white printing, you can use colour labels. My first one was on silver foil.

Yes some more info would be nice. My fiancee and I have designed many great looking labels (will post some tomorrow) and know photoshop well. She is a graphic designer so that really helps. I'm sure we could work something out for getting you a template. Just let us know what your ideas are.

flippindiscs said:
Yes some more info would be nice. My fiancee and I have designed many great looking labels (will post some tomorrow) and know photoshop well. She is a graphic designer so that really helps. I'm sure we could work something out for getting you a template. Just let us know what your ideas are.

That's the problem. I'm clueless as to what size it would need to be, etc. to make a nice label. I suppose if you've designed several labels already you have a general idea of the sizes/resolutions?

As for printing, normally I'll take my design to staples or something and have them laser-printed 6-9 to a sheet (depending on size) on some higher quality paper and attach with glue stick or the dried milk method.

If you let me know what specifics you are looking for I can specify some more possibly...

It's a photoshop native file, Dude. It allows a designer to create layers, so individual elements can be altered without altering the entire image.

label.jpg

Resized to fit the screen.

Cheesefood said:
Has anyone done this for you yet? It's simple enough.

Cheesefood - Thanks a ton man. I'll see how it works out. Let me know what I owe ya...

We have a bar here in town with 200 different beers; if you have some favorites I can pick them up for you... Or a sampling of PA microbrews (I think they have 40 or so PA micro bottles there) since thats where I'm from...

If I had more homebrews on hand (I only have about 3 kinds in bottles left [some holiday ale, a liberty cream ale, and a hefe]) I'd send you a 6er of them. Maybe later this spring once I have 6-8 types available?

SilkkyBrew said:
Cheesefood - Thanks a ton man. I'll see how it works out. Let me know what I owe ya...

We have a bar here in town with 200 different beers; if you have some favorites I can pick them up for you... Or a sampling of PA microbrews (I think they have 40 or so PA micro bottles there) since thats where I'm from...

If I had more homebrews on hand (I only have about 3 kinds in bottles left [some holiday ale, a liberty cream ale, and a hefe]) I'd send you a 6er of them. Maybe later this spring once I have 6-8 types available?

Sold! 10 minutes worth of work for some homebrew? I'll take that anyday. Let me know if it needs any tweaks.

Cheese - Haha, good deal...

Like I said, I'll have about 4 types bottled by this coming weekend (5 if you count the Apfelwein I brewed).

Maybe I can send you a 6 or 8 pack by mid-February. I've only been brewing for 3-4 months, so hopefully they are up to snuff!

I really enjoy most of them and I'd like some feedback anyway, so... I'll be in touch in a week or two and if I don't touch base, feel free to PM me. I'm an accountant so things are hectic for me this time of year! :)

If you are willing to pay a few bucks, try www.worth1000.com. Go to the corporate section and tell them what you want, you will have many (up to 50) photoshoppers who will complete several labels for you. You pick the "winner" and they get the $$$ (I've done this for letterheads, business cards, etc...) and it costs around $50.

Pozeman said:
If you are willing to pay a few bucks, try www.worth1000.com. Go to the corporate section and tell them what you want, you will have many (up to 50) photoshoppers who will complete several labels for you. You pick the "winner" and they get the $$$ (I've done this for letterheads, business cards, etc...) and it costs around $50.

Hmm... Although the label cheese drafted up for me is awesome, I may just try this for a brewery logo or something at some point... We'll see!

Thanks man. Like I said, give me until mid-spring to do some more brewing and continue to refine my skills and then I'll send you a nice 6er or two. :) Would send some out now, but I only really have two that I'm 'proud' of that are bottled and ready. Neither are anything extra special (light liberty cream ale and a hefeweizen) either; i.e. no IPAs (one on the way though!), imperials, etc.

I have had more than those two bottled, but my best brew to date is all gone and my holiday ale is just a little weird (not done aging yet I don't think)... hah.

Back