FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdwj

Reaction score
Welcome to another exciting year of fantasy football!

superbowl_girl.jpg

For those just looking, the league is now full (last spot belongs to Walker), but there is a noob league with some open spots.

Bookmark this page:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/homebrewtalk

Also, change your "manager name" to your HBT nickname so we know who you are. You can do this by clicking on the "My Team" Tab and clicking on your current Manager name. It's right next to your helmet and the name of your team.

The Bet

By joining the league, you are agreeing to a small wager of beer. The beer can either be home brew or a good local micro. The payoffs are as follows:

1. Overall winner - 3 beers (12 oz bottle) from ALL players in the league
  2. The three remaining PLAYOFF teams get 1 beer from ALL players in the league

This means EVERYONE will be sending out some beer - win or lose!

People that don't pay their debts won't be invited back next year and will generally be thought of as dicks (Except for Lorana, who will be thought of as a... I'm not going to say it, but you know what I mean)

Courteous play and sportsmanship is frowned upon. Trash talk and rubbing players noses in losses is not just accepted; it's encouraged!!

Here are the current settings. The draft date, scoring and player types are negotiable to a point. If something isn't to the liking of the league as a whole, we'll adjust!

Have fun! :mug:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

League ID#: 240731
League Name: HomeBrewTalk Challenge
Password: beer
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/homebrewtalk
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Aug 19 3:45pm CDT
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 23, 2007
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 16 and 17 (4 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, RB, TE, W/R, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point; 10 points at 300 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Sacks (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 10 points at 100 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 10 points at 100 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (10 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (15)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (10)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (5)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Just a thought here, but what about adding to the bet so that people near the bottom at the end have something to play for. Something like last place owes double or has to post a pic of themselves in a thong... Something fun

Anyone have any creative ideas?

Oh, **** I just saw that I'm going to be out of town on draft day. Am I screwed??? Is there any way we can make it in the evening on that day? I should be back and ready to draft by 7:00 Central....Or maybe pick different day? I'm sorry guys, I just now saw this.:(

We can move it to the day that's best for all. To be fair, since you have a conflict, why don't you propose a date. If there are no objections, we'll go with that. If there are conflicts with all proposed dates, we'll go with the last agreed upon date and those with conflicts will just have to update their autodraft roster.

Bernie Brewer said:
Oh, **** I just saw that I'm going to be out of town on draft day. Am I screwed??? Is there any way we can make it in the evening on that day? I should be back and ready to draft by 7:00 Central....Or maybe pick different day? I'm sorry guys, I just now saw this.:(

I am flexible

rdwj said:
We can move it to the day that's best for all. To be fair, since you have a conflict, why don't you propose a date. If there are no objections, we'll go with that. If there are conflicts with all proposed dates, we'll go with the last agreed upon date and those with conflicts will just have to update their autodraft roster.

Well now that I more closely scrutinized our calendar I see that I am gone every weekend in August except the weekend of the 24th. Otherwise, any weekday evening should be fine with me.

What about later the day we already have? I know that August is crazy busy for most of us- and my son has football games starting the week of August 23. If Bernie is home later in the evening that day, would that be ok? Otherwise, most weeknights would work for me.

I'm curious why we still have that W/T position in there. Think about this, potentially 12 teams could start 4 WRs at any given week. That is a lot of WRs and not a whole lot of depth. Only in a rare case is someone going to have 2 decent TEs on the roster.

Dude said:
I'm curious why we still have that W/T position in there. Think about this, potentially 12 teams could start 4 WRs at any given week. That is a lot of WRs and not a whole lot of depth. Only in a rare case is someone going to have 2 decent TEs on the roster.

You could start as many as 4 or as few as 1. Lots of ways to build a team.

I agree with Dude, I don't think we should have the w/t position. The chance of having 2 TE's per team will make the free agent market very thin. Someone would end up with Bubba Franks on their team. (yes, that was me firing the first shot). :D

Removed the w/t position - should we add another w/r? There are two now

Personally, I liked that there was only on "flex" position last year, that you had to start two RBs, two WRs, and one TE and had flexibility with just one spot. Yeah, it's more restrictive than having a two or three flex-spots, but part of the challenge was being able to field an entire team.

Anyone know any good resources for data downloads? Being the geek I am, I want to run some analysis to set up my draft.

I'm in.

I hope.

I am racking my brain trying to remember if I mailed out my loser's payment of beer last year. I know I had slacked on it for a while, and then I fell dormant here.

Did I screw you guys last year? Let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

-walker

Do you guys want me to set up the voice-chat system so we can do a live, talking draft?

The live chat would be sweet - should we move the draft to a evening? Any days good / bad for anyone?

Cheesefood said:
Anyone know any good resources for data downloads? Being the geek I am, I want to run some analysis to set up my draft.

Not sure about data downloads but Yahoo does give you stats when you click players

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/240731/players

Re: live draft. Maybe we need a couple dates/times offered up and see which one fits. We had this problem last year too didn't we.

The best date and time is the one that's agreed upon soon.
No dates are out for me...SO FAR.

Prefer Sunday night.
I am EST -3, so anything before 8:15PM EST on a week night will require me to duck out of work early. Which is fine if I know about it in advance.

I'll put up a several options later today. If anyone has a problem with any of them, they have to post it within the next week. We'll grab the one where the most people don't have a problem. If there is a tie, I'll flip a coin or something.

the_bird said:
What about Sunday night, August 19th, at 8:00 EST?

That's about the only one that doesn't work for me - will be on vacation. I'm good with any evening but think that Friday and Saturday night are generally bad

the_bird said:
Do you have to invite me to that meeting? I just set up an account, do I need to PM you my email address?

It was just a test and yea, someone has to have all of our emails for it to work. I would be happy to do it but I think Rod should make the call. He might find value in having all of that info at his disposal and he should be the final arbiter.

That's a great idea olllllo! From what I remember, we have all the email addresses on the league board except one, but I can't remember who that is and I can't access the FBB board from work.

I can set it up a little later today.

I have another draft on 8/18 at 10:00am eastern. Other than that, I'm available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back