Whats up Blichmann?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jborho

Reaction score
We are at the end of the month and still nothing? If this shipment is back ordered any further, it will be the last blichmann product I buy. I am sorry, there stuff is amzaing.... but they have had my full payment on a 20 gal pot since late Jan. And my LHBS just keeps saying late april. I know its not there fault, but a little more info would be nice.

There is a global nickel shortage now and has been for about a year... if you don't know what nickel has to do with SS then I would recommend you read a little. You say they already have your money, but you can always ask for a refund and get something else.........

I dont think they should charge you until its ready to ship, but only place a hold on your card.

Also, I think this is a beneficial thread of anyone thinking of ordering one.

<snip> but they have had my full payment on a 20 gal pot since late Jan.

I dont think they should charge you until its ready to ship, but only place a hold on your card.

Per their merchant agreement, they are not supposed to charge your card until the product is shipping. They can do a pre-auth to place a hold on your account like doctorRobert stated, but that is only valid for a period between 7 - 30 days (depending on the issuing bank).

Also, you normally only have 60 to 90 days to dispute a charge on your statement. In this case, you're approaching or past that, which means that even if they decided not to ship and keep your money, you may not be able to dispute the charge.

dont tell me that..... not that I think my LHBS or Blichmann would even consider that. just upset that no other info is available. I would think as a paying customer... I should be kept updated where I stand for delivery. And if you email blichmann with questions about your order.... they tell you call your LHBS. Who in turns calls or emails... only to come back with the "Late April" statement. I would be happy with your "Number 69 out of 3000 orders".

I got my blingman today

ForumRunner_20110506_190546.jpg

Your equipment was delayed because they likely debated selling equipment to a 10 year old. Times are tough though... ;)

look for them used, they are out there. can't wait to get home and check out the 10 gallon boilermaker i bought on this forum for $220. my wife says it looks brand new. the seller had two at that price and i am not at all sure why i didn't buy them both.

actually, he is seven. Good guess though. But hey, its not illegal to sell malted grain and yeast to anyone. I would only hope that when he is old enough he takes on the hobby also.

actually, he is seven. Good guess though. But hey, its not illegal to sell malted grain and yeast to anyone. I would only hope that when he is old enough he takes on the hobby also.

It would put a new spin on things wouldn't it?

"Johnny, your mother was putting away shirts in your closet when she found..."

"But dad!"

"No buts...you know your not supposed to have carboys. Were you at least being safe?"

"...yeah...I have StarSan..."

Back