• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois PICO style keggle false bottom w/supports

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zazbnf

Reaction score
I have a Stainless Steel PICO style keg kettle false bottom w/supports for sale. As seen here: Pico false bottom

Asking $75 shipped to lower 48 or interesting trades. If you are local to the Macomb, IL area and want to pick up we can negotiate a discount for me not shipping.

I used this 3 or 4 times, it just didn't work well for my process. I went back to using a copper manifold.

Some example items I would consider trades or partial trades for:

Pressure cooker/canner larger than the 3 quart one I already have.
Thermometers (digital or dial with long probe)
Stainless mash paddle
Silicone Tubing 1/2 ID
Other unusual brewing related items???

Dam, why didn't it work? I have one sitting here in a box waiting to build a mashtun. anything i'm missing? Oh and Bump lol

It worked ok as a false bottom. I tried it in a bottom drain keggle, every time I dumped the grains it was a pain to keep it from falling out and it made a big mess. My manifold screws into the bottom drain fitting so it doesn't go anywhere, I can turn it upside down and spray a hose up under it to rinse it all out and everything stays put.

Also my efficiency was 75ish% with this false bottom and with my current manifold my last 2 brews were 92% and 90%.

Are you interested in a sanke keg spear mash paddle? I also have a few spare co2 regulators, I think I have an extra 5lb tank too.

Are you interested in a sanke keg spear mash paddle? I also have a few spare co2 regulators, I think I have an extra 5lb tank too.

Thanks for the offer, but I think the handle on a sanke spear paddle would be a little short for my preference and I am pretty well stocked on kegging and co2/nitrogen equipment.

Some other examples of things I would consider:

Tin beer signs (no BMC please)
Auber RTD Probe (detachable type)
Bench Capper
Fermwrap heater or brew belt
Carboy stopper w/thermowell
Ball lock keg parts(o-ring kits, posts etc.)
Flip top or stainless growlers

Bottling supplies:
Bottle washer
Bottle tree
Bottle Brush
Bottling wand

If you are local I would even consider trading for bottles. Not really interested in 12oz bottles, but am interested in 22oz, Samuel Smiths bottles, or corkable Belgians.

Stupid question...but would this still work with a hole drilled in the center for a dip tube?

I do not see why it wouldn't, however I am unable to speak from experience. You would probably want to drill slightly off center through one side or the other. The plate is actually 2 pieces and the exact center is flanged up about 1/2 inch or so where the 2 pieces butt together and appears to provide structural strength.

anyone interested at $70 shipped?

Traded. No longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back