New Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountBrewku

Reaction score
Hello All-
New brewer from the Bay Area. Thanks to everyone for posting their insight here to get me started. My setup is a little jankey at the moment but I was up and running with kegs for less than 200 bucks, a miracle this day and age.

My brown ale is doing great, 72 hours and the hyrdometer says that it is probably done. The sample was the most delicious flat and warm beer I ever had. Already feeling like moving to all grain for the next batch, why wait?

There's absolutely no reason to wait. You'll have much more control over the finished product by moving into all grain brewing. The only thing you would need besides what you currently have is a mash tun which can be easily built for less than $30. Best of luck to you!

Agreed. I brewed 5 extract beers before moving to all-grain, and I wish I had moved to all-grain sooner. Something about mashing the grains just feels right.

Back