• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motors and Gas Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I have three motors for sale right now. One is 1/2 HP the other two are 1/3 HP they are all in great condition. I have personally tested each speed and they function flawlessly. The motors also have tri clamp belly bands which I will include. I also have two standing pilot gas valves. I have converted the valves to LP gas also. They valves were checked with 24v to verify flawless operation. I will attach photos and all costs will be via USPS flat rate boxes so shipping costs will be the same for everybody. First come first serve. I am selling these at rock bottom prices to fund my Grain mill which these motors are perfect for. They all run at 1075rpms at High speed. Thanks for looking and I will ship same day or next day depending when I receive money via paypal. All Parts are used but in great condition.

1/2HP motor $70 Shipped
1/3HP motors $60 Shipped

Standing Pilot Gas Valves $50 Each Shipped or $90 for the pair.

20121021_173839.jpg

20121021_173922.jpg

20121021_173933.jpg

2012-04-05_14-56-22_0.jpg

20121021_174316.jpg

In one pic it shows pressure max1/2 psi. Looks like these are too low to even use on a low pressure LP system......

marcb said:
In one pic it shows pressure max1/2 psi. Looks like these are too low to even use on a low pressure LP system......

My bad, these are pilot valves.... Sorry!

You don't have to use the pilot valves. These are about 7-11"" wc on the outlet side. Great for low pressure setups. I'm using 2 mv gas valves on my 100,000 btuh low pressure jet burners. Works awesome.

All parts 5 dollars cheaper this weekend only. Will ship same day. Any questions at all please ask me, I will answer very quickly. Thanks!

petrostar said:
All parts 5 dollars cheaper this weekend only. Will ship same day. Any questions at all please ask me, I will answer very quickly. Thanks!

Please bear with me here. How exactly do I get this to work with my grain mill?

With either a gear motor to reduce rams or a 2-3 inch sheave on blower shaft bad a 10-12" pulley connected to your grain mill shaft. Plans are all over on this site.

I received a couple more motors! A 1/2 hp and a 1/3 hp 110v. Also an almost brand new 3/4 hp 208-230 volt motor, same rpm.

ForumRunner_20121230_115709.jpg

Info on the 1/2 or 3/4 motors please. Very interested in the 3/4

One valve sold. Also have a couple transformers and relays and timers. Tons of switches and knobs too.

$40 each for the valves shipped and $10 off the motors. Shipped via usps flat rate.

petrostar said:
$40 each for the valves shipped and $10 off the motors. Shipped via usps flat rate.

I'm very interested in these valves, will any 24vac transformer work to power these? How did you use these in you set-up? Is Paypal good for payment?

I'm very interested in these valves, will any 24vac transformer work to power these? How did you use these in you set-up? Is Paypal good for payment?

Yes, I have Paypal and that would work great. I do only have one of these valves left but have a couple others that are a bit different. I will test the coils this evening and verify they are working perfectly and send you a picture. The other valves that I have are not converted to LP though. You could just order the propane conversion spring from PEX supply for a couple dollars though. PM me if you have any questions. THANKS!!

petrostar said:
Yes, I have Paypal and that would work great. I do only have one of these valves left but have a couple others that are a bit different. I will test the coils this evening and verify they are working perfectly and send you a picture. The other valves that I have are not converted to LP though. You could just order the propane conversion spring from PEX supply for a couple dollars though. PM me if you have any questions. THANKS!!

Pm sent

Back