Outdoor propane burner regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rave808

Reaction score
Im either buying a bayou classic sq14 or a sp10 burner but one has an adjustable regulator (sq14) and the other one has a preset regulator(sp10) what does this mean exactly and are there pros and cons of each and one is 10 psi and the other is 20 psi what does that mean also?please help im new at this and want to learn as much as i can before i make a decision on which one to buy thanx in advance for info

I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but the regulators are adjustable on both units. The btu output is determined by the regulator pressure, so the 10 psi SQ-14 puts out a max of ~55K btu, compared to the SP-10 with 20 psi and ~185K btu. The stand on the SQ-14 holds a keggle very well as is, but the SP-10 stand needs modification to hold a keggle properly. There are dozens of threads here comparing these and a couple other burners. If you run a search you should be able to find anything you need to know about them.

Back