Nate's Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New freezer
IMG_0266.JPG

From the inside
IMG_02671.JPG

Keg Test
IMG_02703.JPG

Congrats on your keezer project! I've bveen working on mine for nearly 2 months..its alot of work to say the least. Canb't wait to see the finished project.

Will you be going with a collar? is that fram for a wheeled base? We need details!!!! I have that same freezer and am working on a keezer mod of my own to it.

Frame is for a wheeled base as my last post is entitled "wheeled base" LOL. i will keep you in suspense about the idea for the keezer. Stay tuned....

it is called a kregtool. I just have the single jig with the drill bit. i think they sell for 15 to 20. They make some nicer ones that have a 3 pocket jig with a clamp but they are like 60-70. The bolt holes were made with a 3/4 inch spade bit so i could get the socket in.

Taking the handle off
IMG_0271.JPG

A piece of 1/2" particle board (osb, flake board, whatever). Cut a 3'x4' pice from a 4'x8' piece and used liquid nails to glue it to the top. Used ratcheting straps to help hold the wood to set glue.
IMG_02743.JPG

Took the inside lid panel off and installed a sythetic wood piece. i then ran bolts from the top of the 1/2 particle board to the bottom of this piece to add some stability and help the glue set.
IMG_0272.JPG

keezers are awesome projects! can't wait to see the finished pics. I'm almost done with mine and will be starting a thread as well.

I see you have 3 shanks...are you able to fit a 3rd corny in there, or are you going with a 3 gal corny?

Great looking start!

I'm hoping to be starting one of these soon, and I like the 7.2 size. Can wait to see how it ends up.

Good luck with it!
Jay

3 kegs with the CO2 on the lower part, cant quite get 4 kegs in there. Yes thats a 24 of Mic-golden, its for my friends who say they drink beer but really dont like beer. The sixer is definately not BUD, yuck. It has a couple of Amstels, a couple Bass Ales and a couple of Point Ambers.

No progress for hte last couple of days as we are remodeling the kitchen. Just put counter tops, sink, faucet, and drains in yesterday. (the keezer is part of teh "upgraded" kitchen :) )

Looking forward to a few more pics... keep 'em coming.

Any physical connection in those last miters or just glue? Screws, dowels, or biscuits...

I shot soem 2" finishing nails in with a pneumatic nailer. Like any joint with wood and nails, the glue is what binds the material and the nails hold the piece together until the wood dries. THe use of that framing strap probably did a sufficient job of holding the pieces together.

I then sanded those joints pretty considerably, for the best possible look.

Your bar top is looking exactly like I want mine to be! Very helpful to see it coming to life through the build progress. I'm hoping to get started on mine this weekend. What dimension wood did you use for that edge?

Is that where the drip tray is going to be installed? Wondering why you decided to place it so far back.

It's looking great, those miter joints are top quality.

Slakwhere, you'll have to wait and see. Gremlyn, I used 1 x 4 inch oak boards. We have oak with a "hickerey" finish cabinets so i am going to try and match that. (Actually the boards measure 3/4" by 3 1/2" but you probably knew that).

How did you get the board inside the inside of the lid? Trying to figure that out...

Gremlyn, i had to take the seal stripping off, when i did that i saw some plugs that held a molded piece of plastic to the lid perimeter. Once i pulled those pugs off i was able to get the board in there. I Cut the boar 1/8 bigger on all sides so i could get it in the hole, yet not pop out easily. So, i cut the board 1/4" wider and taller than the hole. I then had to angle the board to get it in.

Gremlyn, i had to take the seal stripping off, when i did that i saw some plugs that held a molded piece of plastic to the lid perimeter. Once i pulled those pugs off i was able to get the board in there. I Cut the boar 1/8 bigger on all sides so i could get it in the hole, yet not pop out easily. So, i cut the board 1/4" wider and taller than the hole. I then had to angle the board to get it in.

Thanks, that makes sense. I have my inner lid off, just wasn't sure if I would be able to wiggle a board in there. Did you manage to get screws into it on all four sides?

Back