Carbonation issue in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbrew85

Reaction score
I have kegged a beer about a month ago. Primed it with 1/2 cup of dextrose. Just tapped it now and beer pours very foamy. When I pour it its nothing but foam but beer is flat. I am kinda new to kegging. Its my 10th keg and I have primed every keg this same way with 1/2 cup of dextrose. And it all worked just fine. This is the first keg that I got a problem with. Any ideas???

Never mind on that. I guess beer wasnt cold enough. Next day it wasnt foaming that much and it was carbonated just fine. Never seen it before. Maybe it happens when keg is primed

I don't sugar-prime kegs but I've read that 1/3 of a cup is adequate. I also weigh any priming sugar because there can be a variation based on how well it is packed into the measuring vessel.

I tried 1/3 before and it didnt work out for me but 1/2 is perfect. Some people even do 3/4 cup.

Back