Biere de Garde and Flanders Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddPEI

Reaction score
I just got back from traveling in southern France, and two beers that I found really interesting were: La Blonde D'Occitanie, and Bourgogne des Flandres (bruin). I've been looking around for recipes online, but can't find anything. Would anyone have any suggestions where I should look?

Thanks

Thanks, looks like i'll have to get myself to a bookstore.

Has anyone else tried these? are they typical for these styles? I'm from Newfoundland, where our selection of beer is quite limited unfortunately.

I will be honest; I read them for information about brewing process, ingredients, etc. and not so much for the recipes that are included. As such, I have brewed exactly two recipes from all three of those books combined. I did a saison from Farmhouse Ales, and the clone of Lost Abbey's Judgement Day/Cuvee de Tomme from Wild Brews. I typically design my own recipes for every beer I brew, so I am probably the worst person to ask about that. That being said, the two recipes that I have brewed were tasty, and good representations of their respective styles.

Back