Cold crashing Safbrew T-58

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made a Belgian wheat with this yeast and it's been in secondary for a little while. I know the style doesn't call for a crystal clear beer, but I don't want to drink mud either.

Anyways, probably the top 1/4 of the carboy appears to have crashed, so I got a ways to go.

Is it worth it to cold crash it? I've only cold crashed Kolsch yeast for pseudo-lagers in the past with gelatin and that worked well.

I only ask because I happen to have room in the kegger.

Thoughts?

Wheat beers are generally not fined or cold crashed. They are meant to be cloudy -- especially hefe/dunkelweizens and wit beers. (Although some styles are meant to be clear, this isn't one of them.)

Wheat beers are generally not fined or cold crashed. They are meant to be cloudy -- especially hefe/dunkelweizens and wit beers. (Although some styles are meant to be clear, this isn't one of them.)

It's been in the low 60s for a week, and the top 3rd is def light than the bottom two-thirds. It's not clear by any means, but it;s not the mud the bottom third. I suppose I should just let it sit until it all looks the same, then carb it.

Back