How big is your beard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3PegBrew

Reaction score
It Isn't True Unless You Show Us A Picture

The other day at work, my supervisor jokingly said to me, "So when are you and Troy going to shave that stuff off your face?"

I guess I should start from the beginning.

I decided around Thanksgiving to stop trimming the goatee. Strangely enough, the only other guy who works with me decided to do the same thing(his name is Troy).

Thankfully the wife and work have not requested it to be trimmed.

It makes for some awesome brewing!

mmmmm.jpg

It varies, but it usually doesn't get longer than 1-1.5 inches. Every time I trim what's left of my hairline, I trim the face-pubes as well. People at work usually start to call me Amish by the time I think it's ready to trim.

I wore it longer when I had a goatee. Now that I have a beard I trim it more often. I usually only go 4-6 weeks between trims. I guess I am also in the habit of doing remaining hair and "face-pubes" all at once.

I'm at a solid lumberjack level right now, but working on growing it out like a wizard. I think it's been at least 4 months going on 5 since the last shave, and I'm not shaving again until I'm back in the states in May. It helps being a homeless bum so I don't have anyone bothering me to trim and my girlfriend supports it.

handle bar? horse shoe?

mainly a modified walrus cuz putting in up takes time I'm too lazy to spend BUT when I do break out the handlebars it's exquisite :p

I use spike glue (think liberty spikes) and if I let it sit for a few hours when I comb it out it's really big and bushy and holds it's shape perfectly
When I dont put it in the bars if I comb it straight down it will go 1 - 1.5 inches under my chin

I remember growing up my dad told me he would grow a handle bar mustache. Problem was his employer didn't allow over exaggerated facial hair. They didn't even allow beards.

Once he stopped working for them, guess what made an appearance! It's not 100% but he's getting there.

To this day I have never seen him without facial hair. I told my grandmother that I think my dad popped out of the womb with a beard.

I tried the beard about 20 years ago. I would sleep on it and it would actually hurt so after about a year it was gone. Now maybe 3 days - 1/8 inch and it bothers me and gets shaved!

I've always wanted to go around sporting a toothbrush moustache (AKA Charlie Chaplin, AKA Adolf Hitler), but have always wondered if people would give me dirty looks. So many people associate that style with Hitler, but it was around for longer than he could grow one. Hitler gave the toothbrush 'stache a bad name...

I've always wanted to go around sporting a toothbrush moustache (AKA Charlie Chaplin, AKA Adolf Hitler), but have always wondered if people would give me dirty looks. So many people associate that style with Hitler, but it was around for longer than he could grow one. Hitler gave the toothbrush 'stache a bad name...

poor toothbrush mustache my wife just said to me as I was laughing at your post that "you better not grow a hitler mustache"

I responded "excuse me but that is not the correct name":mug:

my dog wins anyways. first because she is a female with a beard. second it is a full body beard.

cant have a beard until I retire . . .

Same here.

From time to time I grow out the patch under my bottom lip. I'm doing it right now because we have a new commander and I think I'll get away with it for awhile. Eventually my boss will make me shave it when I screw up on something else.

The military frowns on full beards

Ft. Carson or Peterson? I was at Carson from 98-01.

I tried the beard about 20 years ago. I would sleep on it and it would actually hurt so after about a year it was gone. Now maybe 3 days - 1/8 inch and it bothers me and gets shaved!

funny thing is I have the same issue with hair on top of my head

There should be a lot more pics in this thread
if I could figure out a way to post just the 'stach I would. I dont like having my picture taken if I can avoid it.
I'll see what I can do I guess . . .

funny thing is I have the same issue with hair on top of my head

if I could figure out a way to post just the 'stach I would. I dont like having my picture taken if I can avoid it.
I'll see what I can do I guess . . .

Take the photo of your mug, then put it through photoshop or gimp or any of the photo editing programs out there. Just crop the ugly parts out.:mug:

From my avatar photo, you can see how long I keep my goatee. The last time I shaved my upper lip was the morning of my wedding day! So, I've had the 'stash for better than 42 years. The beard came a few years later. If I shaved it off now, nobody would know who I am!

glenn514:mug:

From my avatar photo, you can see how long I keep my goatee. The last time I shaved my upper lip was the morning of my wedding day! So, I've had the 'stash for better than 42 years. The beard came a few years later. If I shaved it off now, nobody would know who I am!

glenn514:mug:

Nice!:mug:

Here is a pic of me and one of my friends (im on the left) braving the wilds of northern Minnesota last weekend. Much homebrew was consumed.

beards.jpg

Take the photo of your mug, then put it through photoshop or gimp or any of the photo editing programs out there. Just crop the ugly parts out.:mug:

not so worried about the ugly parts, TBH I could give a ratz arse on what people think of my appearance I just dont like my image being available to being recognized. Ask people who have me on face book, even there photos of me are few and far between

When I retire I'm becoming a hermit

Back