cheap 30 qt pot and burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks similar to the set I got (actually, 2 sets) at WalMart last thanksgiving, but mine didn't have the strainer insert---mine was also on a welded square base with 4 welded legs. I spent $40 per set, so after S&H, it's pretty comparable. Best $80 I ever spent. I've used the pots and the burners more times than I can remember. I just hope those legs on yours are sturdy enough for big boils.

I got mine at a liquidator (like Big Lots) and I spent around $35 for the set up and it came with "extras" like an extra fry pan for fish and an extra basket.

I use it often, and I'm happy with it. The problem is that now my husband actually wants to cook a TURKEY in my BREWPOT!

I've got the same one. It may be cheap, but it gets the job done.

$40 isn't bad, but I think Academy sells them for $30-something. Sometimes Walmart has them for < $40, but they're a seasonal item and I bet they don't have them in stock right now.

Yooper Chick said:
I got mine at a liquidator (like Big Lots) and I spent around $35 for the set up and it came with "extras" like an extra fry pan for fish and an extra basket.

I use it often, and I'm happy with it. The problem is that now my husband actually wants to cook a TURKEY in my BREWPOT!

Yeah...SWMBO once used mine for a big batch of marinara. Took a good long PBW soak after that.

Speaking of marinara, and very off-topic, but...this past weekend, we made a big batch of marinara. While the main sauce was on the stove cooking, I fired up the smoker and smoked 5 whole tomatoes. Low heat (meaning a small charcoal addition), but plenty of wood. Smoke 'em for an hour or so, but keep the heat low so as not to cook them to the point that they fall apart.

Then chop them up and add them to the sauce. Holy crap, the best sauce EVER. Not too much smoke, just the right amount, and it was AWESOME. I never thought I'd like smoke in a red sauce, but we had it over venison meatballs with some fresh garlic-parsley pasta, and it was top notch. I highly recommend this. Swmbo took the rest of the batch and pressure canned it. Yeeeehaw!:rockin:

The legs look a little skinny, but will be ok for a 5 gallon batch.... I placed my new keggle on my burner and I am glad that I have thick flat steel legs on it... that thing is HEAVY!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back