From shank to beer hose, i'm missing something.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
What item am i missing? I have new Faucets, Shanks and ball lock quick connects. i'm ordering the tubing today. But i noticed that i must be missing something.

What goes between the shank and the hose?

Here is a picture of some SS tube coming out. Found this pic on another thread. My shanks just have holes on the end of the threaded shaft.

Thanks for the input.

img1760p.jpg

Tailpieces, beer nuts, and beer washers.

Although the ones pictured appear to have a welded tailpiece.

and clamps on the lines just make sense. worm, otiker, whatever. It's better to have them there and not need them than to need them and not have them, imo.

yeah that's what i thought it looked like it didn't screw into the shaft. I guess now i need to order the tail piece. I'm assuming they are common sized?

thanks.

yeah that's what i thought it looked like it didn't screw into the shaft. I guess now i need to order the tail piece. I'm assuming they are common sized?

thanks.

Yes and no. You'll have to choose the right hose end. Typically 1/4" for a 3/16"ID beer line. And make sure you put the beer nut over the beer line before you do the tail piece.

Another consideration is to go with flare end tailpieces and swivel nuts on the beerline. Makes taking the beerline off for cleaning easier if you do it that way.

Something like this and then for the swivel nut to go over the beer hose and hold this piece to the shaft?

526BS.jpg

Thanks a million. I would like the handle version. But i think i might have spacing issues. i'll have to look at it alittle closer.

Thanks for your help.

All items ordered. Just need to repaint the keggerator and install all the new items.

got 2 kegs ready and a 3rd being kegged soon.

Back