Base frame made of 2x4s. Used wood glue as well as blocks underneath for support and for mounting the wheels.
Currently big enough (after modification) to house one carboy/bucket.
Plywood floor. I raised the side where the refrig will sit by 1.5" (or the height of a 2x4). This will give room for the insulation and chamber floor.
Framing going up, fridge on, with framing attached via liquid nails. Insulation on the floor.
Side wall up with insulation...drying. I used 3M Super 90 Adhesive on the insulation except for the pieces on the roof and door where I used liquid nails.
Door hung. I used a spacer for the hinges and latches to allow me to put weather stripping behind the door for a tight fit.
Coming together now. Insulation on the door is wrapped in duct tape to prevent abnormal wear and tear. I also screwed the insulation to the door to help with the weight of the door.
Inside shot. Used the expandable liquid foam for the gaps. That stuff is awful but works. Warning...DO NOT get it on your hands.
Finished product. SWMBO likes it because it's a shelf that gets my "gear" out of the house, too. I have a Johnson two stage wired up and mounted on top.
Another view. Door fits VERY snug.
Blueberry Wheat in secondary. I have stage one set to turn on the fridge and the small fan you see. Stage two will turn on the ceramic space heater as needed. The floor is melamine shelving I found laying around which I cut to fit.
Subscribe for free and get the latest updates.